StoneWolf

George R.R. Martin
Progress: 330/1051 pages

A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings - George R.R. Martin

Synopsis: A Clash of Kings is the second book in George R.R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series. There are conflicts, clashes in fact, villains rise (and then die), heroes also rise (and die), plots thicken, battles are fought, conspiracies and drama abound it's more of the same as Game of Thrones. And that is an awesome thing.

There isn't much difference here. The plot moves a little slower and things happen that will probably make you go :( about the story, but it's not as disheartening to read as I thought it was the last time I attempted it.

One thing to note, it should be read kind of carefully. Some things are easy to miss and this could set you off the book as it did me. On my first attempt at this book 2 or 3 years ago, I missed mention of something important that was only revealed in a single paragraph at the end of a chapter. It was not referenced again till the last chapter of the book and that first attempt caused me to DNF before I got to the end.

I'll be switching to something else for awhile to give myself a break. Carl Sagan's Contact is up next and I just ordered Alastair Reynold's On the Steel Breeze for after that (something my local B&N is apparently loathe to order or stock, fuckers).