StoneWolf

Alastair Reynolds
Progress: 35/694 pages

The Amber Spyglass

The Amber Spyglass - Philip Pullman

Synopsis: Lyra and Will reunite with two tiny spies and make their way to the land of the dead. Lord Asriel fights his war against The Authority. Miss Malone constructs an amber spyglass to see Dust and is hunted by an assassin from Lyra's world.

There comes every once in awhile a book that can really move you. A book thats packed with emotion, and depth, and so much epic drama that it just makes you want to stand and applaud. Or cheer. Books like that are the reason we do what we do. They keep us slogging through the latest Clive Cussler offering of the month or James Patterson or putting up with Anne Rice and all her crap. We do it because we're looking for books like that. Books like that are why we read.

The Amber Spyglass, really the whole trilogy, is THAT book(s). This was a moving end to a trilogy with characters I both loved and hated (in a good way). There were tears. I'm not a teary kind of person.

And its definitely epic, too. A journey across worlds into the land of the dead and back to challenge the highest of powers. This is a trilogy to be read.

General rating: 5